002 how much visibility is enough
好吧,我们来谈谈别的事情吧。
All right let's talk about something else.
过程可视化领域的另一个很酷的概念。
Another cool concept in the world of process visualization.
这称为可见性。
This is called visibility.
什么是可见性。
What is visibility.
这是非常简单的事情。
This is really simple stuff.
这里的基本想法是,我们可以向中国境内的人们展示很多东西。
The basic idea here is that there is a number of things that we can show people inside of our PRC.
我们有大量的信息。
We have tons and tons and tons of information.
我们有流程,有数学计算。
We have processes we have mathematical computations.
我们有中间步骤。
We have intermediate steps.
我们有定时器控制周期,我们有各种继电器逻辑锁,霍尔顿,我们有中断,我们有很多很多很多的内存,我们的电脑内部正在使用这些内存,我们在左右扔数字。
We have timers governing cycles we have all kinds of relay logic lock Holdens we have interrupts we have lots and lots and lots of memory that's being utilized inside of our PC we're throwing numbers around left and right.
我们有来回切换的位。
We've got bits toggling back and forth.
上诉内部只有一个信息世界。
There is just a world of information inside of Appeals.
当我们到了我的时代,我们不需要看到 80% 的信息,操作员也不需要 100% 地了解 PC 内部发生的情况。
And when we get to the age of my we don't need to see 80 percent of that information the operator does not need 100 percent visibility of what's going on inside of a PC.
因此,作为 HMO 我的设计师,您需要在可见性方面真正考虑一下操作员需要看到什么以及操作员希望看到什么。
So this is something that as an HMO my designer you need to really give some thought to in terms of visibility What does the operator need to see and also what does the operator want to see.
例如,当我们实际运行一个系统时,假设我们有三种不同的模式。
For instance maybe while we're actually running a system let's say we have three different modes.
假设我们在模式 C 中有模式 a 模式 B,并且这些模式可能在计时器上运行。
Let's say we have mode a mode B in Mode C and maybe these modes run on a timer.
那么操作员需要知道我们处于什么模式。
Well does the operator need to see what mode we're in.
也许不是,但我会说是的,我的意思是能够在 HDMI 上看到这是一件好事。
Maybe maybe not but I would say Yeah probably I mean that's a good thing to be able to see on HDMI.
机器现在在做什么。
What's the machine doing right now.
现在,如果我们在计时器上运行这些东西,向操作员显示我们处于模式 B 的周期还剩多少时间,这不是很好吗?
Now if we're running these things on a timer wouldn't it also be nice to show the operator how much time is left in that cycle we're in mode B.
那太棒了。
That's great.
但在你知道之前我们还要处于这种状态多久。
But how much longer are we going to be in mode before you know.
这不是操作员需要看到的东西。
That's not something that the operator needs to see.
所以很多屏幕设计师会说我不会把它放在屏幕上。
So a lot of screen designers are going to say I'm not going to put that on the screen.
工作量太大了。
That's just too much work.
我没有地方放,不方便。
I don't have a place to put it it's not convenient.
无论答案是什么,他们都不会把剩下的时间放在那里。
Whatever the answer they won't put that time remaining on there.
但坐在那儿的操作员看着这东西已经运行了 13 分钟还是刚刚启动。
But the operator sitting there looking man has this thing been running for 13 minutes already or did it just start.
这有点像当你遇到交通堵塞时,你把车停在红绿灯前。
It's kind of like when you're in traffic and you pull up to a stoplight you know.
这东西要准备多久。
How long is this thing going to be ready for.
是不是刚刚变红了。
Did it just turn red.
我不知道。
I don't know.
因此,经验丰富的驾驶员会本能地开始观察信号灯,看看是否有绿灯亮起的交叉路口。
So experienced drivers instinctively start looking at the lights for the cross-traffic that lights green.
一旦它变黄,我知道我的灯即将变绿,所以你知道我们总是向前看,试图弄清楚这件事什么时候会改变。
And once it turns yellow I know that my lights about to turn green so you know we're always looking ahead trying to figure out when is this thing going to change.
作为系统的操作员,这也是同样的事情。
As an operator of a system it's kind of the same thing.
我们想知道。
We want to know.
是的,我们现在正在做的事情。
Yes what we're doing right now.
但我们要这样做多久。
But how long are we going to be doing it for.
还剩多少时间。
How much time is left.
这件事什么时候才能改变啊。
When is this thing going to change.
所以你知道要考虑有适当的可见度。
So you know think about that there's an appropriate amount of visibility.
现在其中一些是由运营商的需求决定的。
Now some of that is determined by what the operator needs.
其中一些取决于操作员的需求,另一些则取决于我们屏幕上有多少空间。
Some of that's determined by what the operator wants some of that's going to be determined by how much space do we have on our screen.
你知道他们是为了便宜而决定在这台机器上安装一个 6 英寸的小屏幕,还是我们在这台机器上安装一个 15 英寸的怪物显示器,你知道我们真的可以填充信息、动画和不同的东西并真正展示大家都发生什么事了。
You know did they go cheap and decide to put a little 6 inch screen on this machine or do we have a 15 inch monster of a monitor on this thing that you know we can really fill up with information and animations and different stuff and really show everybody what's happening.
所以要筛选房地产。
So screen real estate.
是的,当我们确定我们的可见性要达到多少,看看我们需要使用多少空间时,这是非常有效的考虑。
Yeah very valid consideration when we're determining what our visibility is going to be into the see how much space do we have to work with.
运营商需要什么。
What does the operator need.
运营商想要什么,你真的知道吗?这与我们上一次关于用户体验的讲座有关。
What does the operator want and really kind of you know this ties in with our last lecture on user experience.
将自己置于操作员的位置,作为操作员,您想查看进入系统的温度传感器的原始模拟值是多少。
Put yourself in the operator's position as the operator do you want to see what the raw analog value of the temperature sensor coming into the system is.
您知道,如果我们使用 0 到 16 383 信号,操作员知道输入信号是 12 464 对操作员是否有好处。
You know if we're working with a zero to 16 383 signal does it benefit the operator to know that the input signal is twelf 464.
好吧,不,操作员知道该过程在 215 度 OK 215 度(按比例温度值)运行对操作员有好处。
Well no it benefits the operator to know that the process is running at 215 degrees OK 215 degrees a scaled temperature value.
我只想看到一万四千二百四十二个原始工程位。
I want to see that but fourteen thousand two hundred forty two raw engineering bits.
你知道这对我这个操作员来说毫无用处。
You know that's useless to me as an operator.
我不想看到它,不要把它放在我的屏幕上,不要用它来打扰我。
I don't want to see it don't put it on my screen don't bother me with it.
告诉我什么对我有用。
Show me what's useful to me.
我能理解温度。
I can understand temperature.
我无法理解原始值。
I can't understand the raw values.
所以你知道一枪。
So you know one shots.
我的意思是那些只在一次扫描时激活的东西,甚至永远不会出现在 HDMI 上。
I mean things that only energize for a single scan that's never even going to show up on HDMI.
您知道,永远不要梦想显示诸如过程触发器之类的东西,或者将启动一个周期或一次射击的东西,或者操作员无法使用的东西。
You know don't ever dream of showing something like a process trigger or something that's going to initiate a cycle or a one shot or something that an operator has no use of that.
不要让屏幕上堆满垃圾中的垃圾,那些正常人都不想看到的东西。
Don't clutter up the screen with a bunch of junk in garbage that nobody in their right mind wants to see.
你是一名程序员,你是一名工程师,你说得好。
You're a programmer you're an engineer you say well.
嗯,我希望能够看到这个和这个。
Well I'd like to be able to see this and this.
您不是为工程师设计,而是为每天使用该系统的操作员设计。
You're not designing for engineers you're designing for the operators who are going to be using this system every single day.
所以再次可见性正确。
So again visibility right.
也许你会说,嘿,将会有工程师在这个系统上工作,他们会想看到其中的一些东西。
Maybe you say hey there are going to be engineers working on this system and they are going to want to see some of these things.
这很酷。
That's cool.
创建一个单独的屏幕来显示所有这些。
Create a separate screen that shows all of this.
你知道更详细的高层信息。
You know more detailed higher up information.
这没有问题。
There's no problem with that.
但不要妨碍操作员,向操作员展示其需要什么。
But keep it out of the operator's way show the operator what the operator needs.
以一种看起来干净、美观的方式布置所有内容,并提供真正良好的用户体验,不仅向操作员显示他需要看到的内容,还向他显示他想要看到的所有内容,并将所有内容放在正确的屏幕上。
Lay everything out in a way that looks clean looks good and provides a really good user experience and show the operator not just what he needs to see but show him everything he's going to want to see and put everything on the right screens.
您知道,不要让我在两个屏幕之间来回执行相同的过程。
You know don't make me go back and forth between two screens to do the same process.
让我有一个屏幕可以做我需要做的任何事情,无论我的工作是什么,无论我正在做什么。
Let me have one screen to do whatever I need to do whatever my job is whatever process I'm doing.
当你设计这个系统时,你需要了解我的工作,并且你需要围绕我的工作来设计它。
You need to understand my job while you're designing this system and you need to design it around my job.
我是接线员。
I'm the operator.
我最终会说,是的,你们的系统很棒,我推荐它。
I'm the one that's ultimately going to say yes your system's great and I recommend it.
或者实际上这个系统很糟糕,使用起来很麻烦。
Or actually the system horrible and it's a chore to use.
给我设计一下。
Design it for me.
其他人都会很高兴,因为我是每天都使用它的人。
Everyone else is going to be happy because I'm the one that uses it every day.
因此,请牢记您的操作员。
So keep your operator in mind.
你X和知名度。
You X and visibility.
这些事情是相辅相成的,它们应该是您设置屏幕时首要考虑的两个因素。
These things go hand in hand and they should be two of your top considerations when you're setting up your screens.